The growth in the pace of construction of houses for permanent residence in the nearest suburbs shows the desire of urban residents for silence and a favorable environmental situation. True, one has to take into account that everything has a price: the construction of a private house involves the purchase costs, as well as the preparation of a plot of land, the creation of an architectural project, the remuneration of a team of professional builders. The total costs are quite high, so not every family can afford spacious housing in a quiet suburb.
A suitable option to reduce costs is the construction of a mini house for year-round living. The modest size of the living space is easily compensated by the competent use of space, compact built-in furniture and laconic design.
Advantages and features of the construction of small houses
The main advantage of choosing a small home is its low cost. For example, the construction of a miniature two-story house from a bar with dimensions of 6 * 6 meters in the basic configuration will cost about 400 thousand rubles. At the same time, delivery of building materials to the nearest suburbs is most often free of charge.
The compact dwelling is being built by a team of specialists within a month, so the site owners will be able to start finishing and furnishing as soon as possible to start using the building in the current season.
The costs of heating and power supply of a miniature structure are minimal, so suburban housing will not become an item of additional serious costs.
The laconic layout of such buildings makes the most efficient use of the usable area, so living quarters are built without architectural frills in the form of empty corridors, spacious halls, dressing rooms. Projects of small houses assume that everything in them will be located compactly, the necessary things are always at hand.
Travel lovers will appreciate the design of mini caravan houses, in which you can comfortably travel long distances, saving on hotel accommodation.
Methods for creating a miniature housing project
The abundance of available information, as well as samples of projects of existing houses, allow for the independent creation of a project for a small cozy house, taking into account all the needs of customers. For example, for many it is important to have an open veranda or a certain layout of the living space. Typically, custom design takes longer, and some projects require additional building materials.
Functional, reliable housing requires special knowledge in the field of construction technologies, so most specialized firms offer customers ready-made projects for small houses. A clear, detailed cost estimate, as well as the availability of all the necessary premises, makes standard projects the most convenient and in demand among connoisseurs of suburban beauty and silence.
Materials for building a finished structure
The total cost of construction is determined by the area, as well as the selected building materials. Depending on climatic conditions, tastes and customers’ budget, one of several options is selected.
Mini houses on a frame basis
Structures are erected on a solid wood or metal base, to which sandwich panels are attached – ready-made elements for future walls. After that, the house is insulated, finishing works are carried out, and clients can start using the house.
The advantages of the technology are the speed of construction, the ability to work in any weather conditions, as well as the stability of the structure. Therefore, frame houses are suitable for muddy, swampy soils with unstable ground.
The main disadvantage of this technology is the low noise insulation of the premises. Therefore, it is worth additionally checking that the proposed projects of mini houses on a frame basis take this feature into account. In addition, timber-framed structures are susceptible to fire.
Construction of miniature wooden housing
Environmentally friendly, well-retaining heat, a miniature house made of wooden beams is easily heated and provides good air exchange, forming a comfortable microclimate.
The disadvantages of the selected material include fire hazard, as well as the need to care for natural wood to maintain its operational properties. For example, the paint coat should be renewed periodically to keep the wood looking.
Durable and eco-friendly brick houses serve their owners for many decades; the material does not require any repair or maintenance. In such a building, heat is well retained, and the level of sound insulation is high.
The disadvantage of brick structures is the severity, which requires the construction of a solid foundation. In addition, the construction process takes a significant amount of time, especially compared to the construction of frame structures.
Residential structures made of foam blocks
The construction of this material is reliable, frost-resistant, and the external surfaces lend themselves to finishing with any materials. Small houses are cheap to build from foam blocks, the material is a compromise between expensive brick and affordable frame houses.
The disadvantage of this material is its large mass, due to which it is necessary to create a solid foundation.
Optimal use of space in miniature houses
The owners of inexpensive small houses carefully approach the arrangement of living space in order to create a comfortable home on a modest area.
Free space under the stairs, as well as niches in the walls, are occupied by shelves and cabinets for storing things. Decorated with glass or wooden doors, textile curtains or roller blinds, such designs do not attract attention, complementing the interior.
Slim built-in wardrobes as well as miniature household appliances take up minimal space while maintaining full functionality.
The main method of saving living space is the choice of compact multifunctional furniture. Folding chairs and beds, folding tabletops and ottomans with integrated storage baskets will create a cozy interior that adapts to the needs of the owners.
The abundance of windows, mirrors, as well as glass interior elements visually expands the space, and vaulted ceilings visually increase the size of the modest room.
The visual perception of a small house is improved thanks to light shades in interior design, an abundance of lighting fixtures, and the use of natural materials for decoration.
Popular projects of inexpensive small houses
The popularity of mini houses is once again confirmed by the number of finished projects. Small sizes only spur the owners’ imagination in terms of interior arrangement and appearance of buildings.
Mini cottages for summer cottages and traveling on wheels allow you to literally travel without leaving your home.
- A dwelling equipped in a trailer has everything you need for a comfortable life. There are several sleeping places, storage sections and a miniature veranda. Moreover, such a house can easily move with the owners.
- A full-fledged wooden-frame mobile home with a cozy porch, while easily transforming into a car trailer.
- The two-story structure allows you to comfortably accommodate a small family. The abundance of windows and a small attic create a personal space for each family member.
- House-container on wheels, if necessary, “folds” so as not to damage the glass on the road. Wooden cladding and insulated windows protect the owners of the structure from bad weather.
- In a mobile home with an attic, a porch and a small hallway, if necessary, you can receive a company of guests. An abundance of windows and a glazed entrance door provide a natural level of illumination of the interior.
Country mini houses
If permanent residence in the country is not expected, then there is no reason to build a full-fledged house. A way out of the situation will be small country houses, inexpensive in cost, but capable of providing the necessary level of comfort on vacation.
- A bright miniature house with large windows allows you to comfortably spend warm summer evenings. A modest footage accommodates a mini kitchen, a sleeping area and a work desk.
- A rounded tiled house with several windows and one glass wall. The design is ideal for relaxing during seasonal living at the purchased summer cottage.
- A wooden house with a rounded roof is a cozy, durable analogue of a camping tent. A durable floor and metal roofing will protect the owners from the weather. If you bring the necessary communications to the dwelling, then you can use it in the cold season.
- The letterbox type design combines an original solution and a minimum set of required functions. The lack of light in the room is easily compensated by additional electric lamps.
- The converted building shed is a functional 11-meter house, equipped with everything you need for life. The kitchenette has a traditional window above the sink.
Small complete houses
Small full-fledged houses are most often needed in two cases: if you need to save on construction, but there is no desire to sacrifice quality, or with limited space on the site. In any case, you can choose a worthy project for yourself that will solve all the tasks.
- A stone two-storey house with a balcony and a porch is stylized as a half-timbered construction technology based on wooden beams. Thanks to the spacious layout, up to three people can permanently reside in the house.
- The project of a small two-story house with a veranda and a balcony is the best option for living in a summer cottage.
- A miniature replica of a classic mansion with a terrace and columns will accommodate a small family, and a peaked roof will add extra flavor.
- A mini version of a standard country house with an entrance hall, a porch and a common large room is an option for suburban housing for budget-conscious owners. Traditional siding will protect the walls of your home from moisture.
- The rectangular structure of the house with glass walls and a wide canopy will give the owners a good view of the surrounding area. If necessary, the glass walls are closed with wooden shutters, which replace paths in good weather.
- Domillon with attached garage and two separate rooms is a suitable option for year-round living.
Building a small house is inexpensive, and will also save the owners time and money. In addition, the variety of materials and ready-made projects will allow you to arrange a functional and comfortable home in a minimal area. Domillions are not only an option for temporary residence during the construction of a major house, but also a good way to save money on the maintenance of suburban real estate.
Mini house – the differences between similar projects and examples of finished buildings, from https://incredibletinyhouse.com/
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/incredibletinyhouses
Originally posted 2020-09-17 09:25:25.